RRB Secunderabad Recruitment Procedure, Pattern And Exam Syllabus
1. All selections made by the Railway Recruitment Boards are purely based on merit position obtained by the candidates in the written examinations subject to reservations for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. Viva-voce tests (interviews) have been done away except in the four categories indicated in para 5 below.
2. All written examinations are of multiple choice objective type.There will be negative marking, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answser.
3. The syllabus for the written examinations is generally commensurate with the qualifications prescribed for the post.
4. The questions will be in General Knowledge/General Intelligence and Reasoning and Analytical abilities and in the technical/professional subjects wherever technical/professional qualifications are prescribed. In addition in certain categories like Clerks, Probationary Station Masters, Commercial/Traffic Apprentices/Junior Accounts Assistants etc., questions in English/Hindi language can also be asked.
5. The type of selections for some of the categories is given below. The list is illustrative and not exhaustive.
|1.||Safety category posts like Probationary Assistant Station Masters, Assistant Loco Pilot etc.||Single Stage written Examination followed by Aptitude test. Candidates have to qualify in both the tests.|
|2.||Non Technical Popular Categories like Clerks, Traffic and Commercial Apprentices, Enquiry-cum-Reservation Clerks, Junior Accounts Assistants etc.||Two Stage written examination. Final selection will be based on the merit position Obtaining in the second stage examination. Candidates competing for clerical categories have to pass a qualifying typewriting examination in Hindi or English.|
|3.||Technical categories like Section Engineers, Junior Engineers, Technicians, Para-medical categories etc.||Single stage written examination.|
|4.||Raj Bhasha Assistants||Single stage written examination followed by qualifying translation test.|
|5.||Junior Stenographers||Single stage written examination followed by shorthand test|
|6.||Teachers, Law Assistants, Physiotherapists and Telephone Operators||Single stage written examination followed by interview|
Note: Even in categories where selection is through a single stage examination, the Railway Recruitment Board can prescribe a second stage examination depending upon the number of candidates, administrative exigencies etc. In such cases final selection will be on the basis of the merit position of the second stage examination.
After the final results are announced, the selected candidates have to report to the office of the Railway Recruitment Board on a nominated day for verification of their original certificates. If they are unable to attend the verification on the nominated day, they are given a second opportunity. If a candidate does not attend the verification even on the second occasion, his candidature is cancelled.
Candidature of candidates who cannot produce the necessary documentary proof in support of the minimum educational/technical qualifications, age, community etc. is also cancelled.
A final panel containing the list of selected candidates is thereafter prepared. The names in this panel are recommended to the South Central or East Coast Railway for appointment.
1. Apply only in response to specific Employment Notifications.
2. Apply only in A4 size bond paper (80 gsm)
3. Fill up the application only in your own handwriting.
4. Check up the eligibility conditions before applying,
5. Ensure that community certificates (wherever applicable) are in the prescribed format.
6. Ensure that the application is filled up properly in all aspects. Pay special attention to the following facts.
1. Pasting of recent, clear and black and white photograph
2. Affixing signatures at appropriate places.
3. Filling up the column for identification marks.
4. Reproduction of sample paragraph in the space provided in the application.
5. Fixing a clear left hand thumb impression in the spaced provided for.
6. Attaching necessary enclosures.
7. Watch out for dates of examination and publication of results on the website and also in the ‘Employment News’.
8. Report to the examinations/interviews/verification of documents at the specified time on specified dates.
9. Maintain discipline in the examination halls and in the office of the Railway Recruitment Board.
10. Report to Railway Vigilance any cheating, false promises, demand of bribes for providing employment or influencing the Railway Recruitment Board.
11. We care – always contact Railway Recruitment Board, Secunderabad for specific enquiries about your status of application, written examination results etc. Please see ‘contact us’ for RRB address and telephones.
1. DO NOT BELIEVE any false promises made by unscrupulous elements promising jobs in the railways or to help in the recruitments.
2. DO NOT SUBMIT more than one application for the same post. This will result in your application getting rejected.
3. DO NOT INDULGE in impersonation. If proved you will be debarred for life for appearing in any examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Boards.
4. DO NOT TRY to forge certificates or submit false/fake certificates or documents.
5. DO NOT LEAVE your original certificates with the Railway Recruitment Board
6. DO NOT ENCLOSE original applications with the applications.
7. DO NOT ENCLOSE with the application copies of certificates not required.
8. DO NOT CARRY cell phones (even in the switched off mode) into the examination hall.
9. DO NOT MISUSE the facility of free travel authority, wherever provided.
10. DO NOT BRING political pressure or influence from any other quarters.